10/23/2007

Can't access local resourses like printers,file servers.

Recently, I was in trouble that I couldn't access the local resourses with my computer like printers,file servers in my office.
I didn't know why.I couldn't ping any local resources but my network card.It's a big problem for me.
At first,I dougted that I'm using NIC and wireless both.then I disabled wireless but it didn't work.I changed the LAN cable but didn't work...
Finally I figured the problem out!
In my Windows computer,I disabled "Deterministic Network Enhancer" in the property of "Local Area Network".
I don't know when This component is installed and enabled and how it works.
But Disabling it works great!!
----------------------------------
I found out more.
I'm using NetScreen Remote for my VPN connection.and that causes my problem.
I guess when NetScreen Remote is installed in the computer,"Deterministic Network Enhancer" is created and enabled.and "Deterministic Network Enhancer" is needed by NetScreen VPN connection.
I found that the Local area subnet and my VPN subnet was OVERLAPPED!!!and that cause the problem.
The only workaround is When I use the local resources,I have to deactivate NetScreen Remote.
In other words,I CANNNOT USE local resourses and VPN connection at the SAME TIME!!
It's a problem.fortunately my company uses another VPN software,Checkpoint.It really works great as VPN client.So I will not be able to use NetScreen VPN software for now.....

No comments: